iDIASPORA is a global engagement and knowledge exchange hub for diaspora communities and those looking to engage with them. It provides comprehensive, regularly updated data and analysis relevant to diaspora communities, policy makers, NGO actors, and showcases successful diaspora actions and partnerships.
Diaspora as Influencers
Migrants and diaspora communities are recognized by the United Nations as important contributors to development. They play an invaluable role in society through:
- their economic contributions to the countries that they live in and come from,
- the cultural heritage and diversity that they bring with them,
- the charity that they give when their countries, families and friends are hit by crisis, and
- their entrepreneurship, ability to innovate and create social change.
iDIASPORA provides a platform to voice your opinions and propose recommendations on how migration should be governed through the forthcoming Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration and beyond.
iDIASPORA serves as a resource hub that allows you to access diaspora success stories, best practices and relevant policies from around the globe.
iDIASPORA lets you engage with each other, organizations, experts and institutions and find opportunities to leverage your work.
How To Participate
- Register as an organization or as an individual
- Access the tools and resources that will help you and your organization
- Find opportunities for you and your organization
- Contribute to discussions and upcoming events
- Share your actions and best practices to inspire others and enable communities to be active participants in development
- Get your questions answered by our network of experts