Let's unite for Somalia! To ensure a more effective and coordinated humanitarian response to the complex crises in Somalia, IOM and DEMAC are initiating the first coordination group for Somali diaspora organizations worldwide.
Our goal is to facilitate coordination and collaboration among Somali diaspora groups. We invite interested organizations to engage in discussions about the challenges, needs, and priorities for future coordination.
𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐆𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐩?
With this group, our aim is to ensure the sharing and leveraging of synergies such as knowledge, skills, and logistics. Through a robust network, assistance can reach people most in need in a more coordinated and effective way.
Somalia is grappling with multiple displacement crises caused by climate shocks and conflict. Diaspora organizations play a crucial role in providing significant engagement and support to affected populations through life-saving aid, including medical equipment, food, shelter and sanitation.
6 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧:
- Benefit from other organizations’ skills, knowledge, and structures
- Learn from each other, discuss challenges, and find collaborative solutions
- Receive timely and validated information on the ground situation through our Somali-based team
- Become part of a Global Diaspora Network
- Connect with Institutional Humanitarian Actors
- Your activities in humanitarian response will be shared and featured