Join Haiti Renewal Alliance (HRA) for a Shelter Sector Summit exploring new thinking in addressing disparities and community needs in the housing sector through active engagement and integration of the diaspora.
This hybrid event will gather humanitarian and development actors, government officials, members of the diaspora, the private sector, and engineering and construction professionals to share their perspectives and recommendations on creating sustainable systemic solutions to improve community-building initiatives in Haiti.
This event is part of the project, 'Consolidating and Operationalizing a Framework for Diaspora's Engagement in Humanitarian Assistance - Phase II." The project is implemented in partnership with the International Organization for Migration (IOM) and is funded by USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA).
- 9:30am to 10:15am: Summit Opening
- 10:20am to 11:20am: Plenary Session I: Post-Earthquake Sector Update and Recovery Strategies, Ways Forward
- Leadership dialogue on Shelter/Housing Sector efforts in Haiti
- 11:20am to 12:20pm: Plenary Session II: The Role of Civil Society and Diaspora in Shelter & Reconstruction
- Diaspora sector strategies and lessons learned from the field
- 12:30pm to 1:30pm: Lunch, Networking
- 1:30pm to 2:45pm: Plenary Session III: Building on Diaspora Recovery Strategy in Haiti
- Call for Action: Diaspora initiatives for recovery
- 2:45pm to 3:45pm: Plenary Session IV: Presentation of Diaspora Shelter Case Studies and Initiatives in Haiti
- Creating a table of our own
- 3:45pm to 4:45pm: Plenary Session V: Ask the Haitian Government
- Featuring MHAVE, EPPLS, UCLBP, and DPC
Guest speakers include:
- Judith Nazareth Auguste, Ministry of Haitians Living Abroad (MHAVE)
- Ing. Jacques Bien-Aime, Director General, Unité de Construction de Logements et de Bâtiments Publics (UCLBP)
- Dr. Kit Miyamoto, CEO, Miyamoto International, Former HRA Board Member
- Dr. Jerry Chandler, Direction Générale de la Protection Civile (DGPC)
- Yvon Buissereth, Director General of the Public Enterprise for the Promotion of Social Housing (EPPLS)
- Chuck Setchell, USAID Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance, Senior Shelter, Settlements, and Hazard Mitigation Advisor